Saturday, March 13, 2010

Are We Ever Too Old?


Recently the issue of trust came up in my life, and I had to face what I felt I had
aged beyond. Naivety is thought to be found only in the young who've not yet
learned the lessons of life. However, I've found it to be a trait at any age.
Lessons learned, be they good ones or bad ones, are still lessons that teach us not to repeat actions which are to no avail. Should that lesson include trusting people less? Should it remove the part of our heart which is willing to help another without question?

Pondering these thoughts can lead to several conclusions. Either I will put aside every emotion and good intention to allow my heart to be calloused enough not to care, or I will continue to have good enough faith that my actions will somehow benefit others. Granted, there will be those times when our efforts seem foolish to others or naive, but if I have to err, please Lord, allow my heart to stay soft enough to err on the side of compassion. Don't let me turn into a person who is glad when one falters and elated at the pain so many feel is deserving. Increase the wisdom you've given me as your child so that it will deepen my discernment in serving others. Most importantly, allow me to see You in what I do. And if I don't, give me the strength to say 'no'.

Through these lessons of life learned at any age, may we become stronger as
Christians so that we may further His kingdom. And if you are not a Christian, I
invite you to become acquainted with the one true God. The creator of heaven and earth. And the Father whose spirit dwells in His children's hearts so that we may have His compassion for those who are hurting.

Always~
Cha

2 comments: