Monday, March 29, 2010

WHITE WOMEN CAN'T JUMP....

Into the classic wearing of hats, that is. Why is that? I notice the array of hats in stores now that we're going into Spring and Easter time, and see so many black women trying them on while having a great time helping each other choose just the right one. They look great in their hats and have the fortitude to wear them proudly no matter if it's a small pill box style or a grandeur of feathers and sequins. I so admire that.

Then there's the white women who only wear a collegiate baseball cap on bad hair days. What happened? As I recall, our mother's wore hats every Sunday to church, along with a pair of crisp gloves. Now the gloves, I can do without except in the garden. But the hats, I miss that. Personally, I love them and think they say a lot about a woman. Her personality comes out in her hat when she's wearing it decoratively.

I have to admit, I've been guilty of the 'incognito approach' on bad hair days by hiding behind a cap and sunglasses. Probably will again, but I'm going to take a new approach and start wearing my hats again that I've collected over the years. Not all the time, just when the mood strikes. And who knows, maybe I'll meet a friend in the hat department and we can have a great time choosing just the right one. Sounds like such fun!


Always~
Cha
















2 comments:

  1. I said something similar to the hubby a few days ago when I noticed a darling little "older" lady wearing a Sunday hat.....just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are. The day is coming however in which that generation will no longer be with us. I suppose as each generation passes, we take something that will never be again. Such is the cycle of life, right?

    ReplyDelete