Friday, April 23, 2010

Boni fide Beef!


As we're driving around Meridian and enjoying the beautiful Spring flowers and the laboriously planted ones which are gracing landscapes, there's music in the air with every whiff. Bees are buzzing, birds are chirping...*record scratch!*...there they are. The ever present onslaught of ....................GARAGE SALE SIGNS!!

Now, I love a good yard sale whether I'm the one contributing to it, or passing by to see a piece of furniture that could fall victim to my paint brush. It's not the sales themselves that gripe me, Lord knows we could all use an extra buck these days. It's the signs still up after the sale is over. Not a few days after...nor a week...not even several weeks, but months after until it's a trashy piece of nothing hanging on by one staple!

Personally, I can't understand why this doesn't fall under one of the many ordinances we have. It's not like we don't know whose it is with their address written on the paper, right? Would this not be considered a form of littering?

C'mon people, we can do better than this. When you have a yard sale, keep up with where you posted the signs and after wards, be responsible enough to go and gather them. Let me add, this is all over Meridian and the county. The sales can be from any home, so let's not assume I'm talking to any one group of people here. This is a simple thing we can do in our community to make it as it should be. CLEAN!

Now that I've gotten my "Boni fide beef" out of the way, I hope you all have a very lovely weekend. And you who are having garage sales, I hope you sell every stitch of everything you have, just remember to take down that sign. Thank you.

Always~
Cha

3 comments:

  1. I soooooo agree! Can't understand why something hasn't been done about it since, like you said, the addresses are on there!!! I bet a few fines and some follow up on it would cut it down a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree....I see alot of that around my neighborhood.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree and the same for the campaigning signs!!! It just urks me to see political trash still on the utility poles years after an election!

    ReplyDelete