Monday, June 13, 2011

Here We Are Again


It's been awhile since I actually sat down and wrote a blog entry. Some of that reason is due to the fact I'm a solitary writer. Meaning, my husband recently retired and has been home mulling around here and there. Now, I don't mind interruptions, especially from him, but they do cause me to lose the 'flow' of writing and when put aside, it's hard for me to pick it back up. When you've read any former entries of mine, you know they were done on a continual "solitary" thought process where I just keep going until I find that closing sentence or phrase.

Since there's been a few 'adjustments' in our new way of life, and now that my little world is beginning to bore my dear husband and he's found a long term project, I've set my mind on getting to the point of actually publishing a blog entry. I must add, I do so appreciate my friends who always throw me a 'not so subtle hint' that I need to get back on the bandwagon of writing. You've encouraged the thoughts I've kept on the edge of my mind enough to get back in the groove. Like riding a bike, one never really forgets how to do something they enjoy. So, once again, the writing continues.

As you Facebook friends know, I'm completely in love with my garden this year. This was really the first time I can say I was successful with indoor seed cultivating. All the other times my efforts failed simply because I just didn't see it all the way through. But this year, I stuck with it. That, to me, is a major milestone. I'm one to put something down 75% of the way through and not pick it up again. If I can be successful once, surely I can do it with other facets of my life. Like housework.

There is a saying by an unknown author, "God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done". What a shame someone didn't take credit for that! In fact, it could very well have been the 11th Commandment! 'Thou shalt only do housework on days when it rains'. That's justifiable procrastination at it's best! But with little rain in the forecast, I guess I'll continue doing it in snippets all the while promising myself when winter arrives and we're hunkered down, I'll tackle this house till it's spit shined! Until then, on rainy days, I guess you know where I'll be.

Always~
Cha

No comments:

Post a Comment